Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Winner of Nigerian Idol 2011 - Yeka Onka

Onyeka Gilbert, 26 year old, popularly known as Yeka Onka has been crowned the winner of the first ever Nigerian Idol, which was concluded on March 27, 2011.

Nigerian Idol - After being announced winner, Yeka Onka said ‘I am really excited for this, it took me a while to get to this point, I was rejected in Enugu and Abuja, before I came down to Lagos and then I got the golden ticket.
I loved the experience, all through the six months, And now here I am walking away with the grand prize’

‘I just want to say that Naomi (one of the contestant) too deserved to win this competition, she’s my friend and I love her’

Onyeka Gilbert went away with 7.5 Million Naira, a brand new car and a Sony entertainment center.

Naomi Mac, Nigerian Idols 1st runner up also went away with 1.5 Million Naira, a blackberry, Ipad, Ipod, standing fridge amongst others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails