Monday, January 10, 2011

Food poisoning hits Cape Town township - 151 people

151 people were treated for food poisoning in Cape Town over the weekend, the city's Disaster Risk Management Centre said today.

Residents of Lwandle became ill after eating expired food that had been dumped, spokesperson Wilfred Solomons-Johannes said.

After an initial investigation, authorities found the items came from the Simply Value Factory Food shop.

A complaint was expected to be lodged with the city's health department as the expired items should have been disposed at a proper dump site.

Health inspectors had taken samples of the food for testing.

Manager for Simply Value Factory Food Santa Kotze was not immediately available for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails